Tuesday 16 December 2014

La Boheme - Dutch National Opera

Finally saw La Boheme in italian at the Dutch National Opera! Unfortunately a disappointing Rudolfo ruined my favourite opera. Guess the bar was set pretty high when I saw it back in 2007 at the ENO with Alfie Boe, but still!!! Other than that, it was alight, although I would still prefer Jonathan Miller's production and Melody Moore or Kate Valentine as Mimi... Considering how much I paid for the ticket, and the fact it's my second time at STOPERA and I haven't exactly been blown away, I'm not sure how quickly I'll return. Maybe it's time for the Concertgebouw but that will be at even higher cost!
Rodolfo: Atalla Ayan
Schaunard: Thomas Oliemans
Benoit / Alcindoro: Matteo Peirone
Mimi: Grazia Doronzio
Marcello: Massimo Cavalletti
Colline: Gianluca Buratto
Musetta: Joyce El Khoury
Parpignol: Morschi Franz
Sergente dei Doganieri: Peter Arink
Un Doganiere: Harry Teeuwen
Un venditore ambulante: Richard Prada
The view from the seat was pretty good though...

No comments:

Post a Comment